Sfruttamento delle energie alternative
 

Nuova turbina?

Roberto Deboni DMIsr 18 Mar 2017 01:53
On 17/03/17 17:56, Teseo wrote:
> http://www.gereports.com/this-scientists-got-the-power-plant-in-his-hands/

15 marzo 2016 ?

Ed io rilancio con:

<http://www.power-eng.com/articles/2014/11/toshiba-to-supply-supercritical-co2-turbine-to-texas-power-project.html>

"Toshiba to supply supercritical CO2 turbine"

Qualche dettaglio:

http://gasturbineworld.com/gearing-up.html

(attenzione, sono 3 pagine, cliccare per le successive)

The turbine and combustor, being designed and built by Toshiba,
essentially combine gas turbine and steam turbine technologies, with the
potential to deliver a power plant with:

● Efficiency of about 59% (LHV) when running on natural gas

● Efficiency of 51-52% (LHV) when running on gasified coal (syngas)

● Full 100% carbon capture at 300 bar without any efficiency penalty.


Following a Brayton Cycle-like expansion across its turbine, CO2 is
recirculated back to the beginning of the cycle in a highly recuperative
process. The system eliminates the expensive steam cycle components and
avoids the inefficiencies of traditional Rankine cycles.

The working fluid is expanded through a turbine that has an inlet
pressure in the range of 200 bar to 400 bar and a pressure ratio between
6 and 12. It is then cooled through a heat exchanger, and H2O is
separated from it to create a CO2 stream. The CO2 stream is pressurized
and a major part of this flow is fed back to the combustor to begin the
cycle anew.

The operating temperature at the ******* end of the heat exchanger is thus
in the range of 700°C to 750°C. This leads to a typical turbine inlet
temperature constraint in the range of 1100°C to 1200°C.

The turbine inlet temperature of the cycle is not high for gas turbines,
but it is very high for steam turbines. Similarly, the pressure of this
cycle does not surpass that of advanced steam turbines, but it is
extremely high for gas turbines. The combustor has been designed to cope
with a gas pressure of 300 bar, which is more than 10 times the gas
pressure utilized in conventional gas turbines.


The easiest way to describe the turbine is that we need only a single HP
turbine for this cycle. Since the pressure at the exhaust end of the
turbine is 30 bar, we don’t need an IP or LP. In a coal-fired plant, the
steam turbine consists of HP, IP and LP sections. In a combined cycle
plant, there’s a gas turbine and a steam turbine with HP, IP and LP
sections.


Notare: il comburente e' ossigeno, non aria. Quindi occorre produrre
ossigeno in quantita' industriali ...

E poi:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allam_power_cycle
Roberto Deboni DMIsr 18 Mar 2017 02:18
On 18/03/17 01:53, Roberto Deboni DMIsr wrote:
> On 17/03/17 17:56, Teseo wrote:
>> http://www.gereports.com/this-scientists-got-the-power-plant-in-his-hands/
>>
>
> 15 marzo 2016 ?
>
> Ed io rilancio con:
>
>
<http://www.power-eng.com/articles/2014/11/toshiba-to-supply-supercritical-co2-turbine-to-texas-power-project.html>
>
>
> "Toshiba to supply supercritical CO2 turbine"
>
> Qualche dettaglio:
>
> http://gasturbineworld.com/gearing-up.html
>
> (attenzione, sono 3 pagine, cliccare per le successive)
>
> The turbine and combustor, being designed and built by Toshiba,
> essentially combine gas turbine and steam turbine technologies, with the
> potential to deliver a power plant with:
>
> ● Efficiency of about 59% (LHV) when running on natural gas
>
> ● Efficiency of 51-52% (LHV) when running on gasified coal (syngas)
>
> ● Full 100% carbon capture at 300 bar without any efficiency penalty.
>
>
> Following a Brayton Cycle-like expansion across its turbine, CO2 is
> recirculated back to the beginning of the cycle in a highly recuperative
> process. The system eliminates the expensive steam cycle components and
> avoids the inefficiencies of traditional Rankine cycles.
>
> The working fluid is expanded through a turbine that has an inlet
> pressure in the range of 200 bar to 400 bar and a pressure ratio between
> 6 and 12. It is then cooled through a heat exchanger, and H2O is
> separated from it to create a CO2 stream. The CO2 stream is pressurized
> and a major part of this flow is fed back to the combustor to begin the
> cycle anew.
>
> The operating temperature at the ******* end of the heat exchanger is thus
> in the range of 700°C to 750°C. This leads to a typical turbine inlet
> temperature constraint in the range of 1100°C to 1200°C.
>
> The turbine inlet temperature of the cycle is not high for gas turbines,
> but it is very high for steam turbines. Similarly, the pressure of this
> cycle does not surpass that of advanced steam turbines, but it is
> extremely high for gas turbines. The combustor has been designed to cope
> with a gas pressure of 300 bar, which is more than 10 times the gas
> pressure utilized in conventional gas turbines.
>
>
> The easiest way to describe the turbine is that we need only a single HP
> turbine for this cycle. Since the pressure at the exhaust end of the
> turbine is 30 bar, we don’t need an IP or LP. In a coal-fired plant, the
> steam turbine consists of HP, IP and LP sections. In a combined cycle
> plant, there’s a gas turbine and a steam turbine with HP, IP and LP
> sections.
>
>
> Notare: il comburente e' ossigeno, non aria. Quindi occorre produrre
> ossigeno in quantita' industriali ...
>
> E poi:
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allam_power_cycle

Ecco invece un articolo divulgativo:

<https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/can-carbon-*****xide-replace-steam-to-generate-power/>

The net result is a simpler turbine that can be 10 times smaller than
its steam equivalent. A steam turbine usually has between 10 and 15
rotor stages. A supercritical turbine equivalent would have four.

"We're looking at a turbine rotor shaft with four stages on it that's 4
inches in diameter, 4 feet long and could power 1,000 homes," said
Ric***** Dennis, turbine technology manager at the National Energy
Technology Laboratory.

E 4 stadi sono quelli che vediamo nella foto dell'articolo proposto dall'OP.


Beneficiari ?

"Such a device would be a boon for nuclear power stations, concentrating
solar farms, geothermal installations, combined heat and power systems,
and fossil fuel-fired power plants."


E poi:

"In addition, a supercritical turbine could fit into a directly heated
cycle, where a fuel like natural gas burns in the presence of pure
oxygen ******* the turbine, creating only water and carbon *****xide as waste."
Roberto Deboni DMIsr 18 Mar 2017 02:41
On 18/03/17 02:18, Roberto Deboni DMIsr wrote:
> On 18/03/17 01:53, Roberto Deboni DMIsr wrote:
>> On 17/03/17 17:56, Teseo wrote:
>>> http://www.gereports.com/this-scientists-got-the-power-plant-in-his-hands/
>>>
>>>
>>
>> 15 marzo 2016 ?
>>
>> Ed io rilancio con:
>>
>>
<http://www.power-eng.com/articles/2014/11/toshiba-to-supply-supercritical-co2-turbine-to-texas-power-project.html>

>> "Toshiba to supply supercritical CO2 turbine"
>>
>> Qualche dettaglio:
>>
>> http://gasturbineworld.com/gearing-up.html

<http://web.archive.org/web/20170101050702/http://gasturbineworld.com/gearing-up.html>

>> (attenzione, sono 3 pagine, cliccare per le successive)
>>
>> The turbine and combustor, being designed and built by Toshiba,
>> essentially combine gas turbine and steam turbine technologies, with the
>> potential to deliver a power plant with:
>>
>> ● Efficiency of about 59% (LHV) when running on natural gas
>>
>> ● Efficiency of 51-52% (LHV) when running on gasified coal (syngas)
>>
>> ● Full 100% carbon capture at 300 bar without any efficiency penalty.
>>
>>
>> Following a Brayton Cycle-like expansion across its turbine, CO2 is
>> recirculated back to the beginning of the cycle in a highly recuperative
>> process. The system eliminates the expensive steam cycle components and
>> avoids the inefficiencies of traditional Rankine cycles.
>>
>> The working fluid is expanded through a turbine that has an inlet
>> pressure in the range of 200 bar to 400 bar and a pressure ratio between
>> 6 and 12. It is then cooled through a heat exchanger, and H2O is
>> separated from it to create a CO2 stream. The CO2 stream is pressurized
>> and a major part of this flow is fed back to the combustor to begin the
>> cycle anew.
>>
>> The operating temperature at the ******* end of the heat exchanger is thus
>> in the range of 700°C to 750°C. This leads to a typical turbine inlet
>> temperature constraint in the range of 1100°C to 1200°C.
>>
>> The turbine inlet temperature of the cycle is not high for gas turbines,
>> but it is very high for steam turbines. Similarly, the pressure of this
>> cycle does not surpass that of advanced steam turbines, but it is
>> extremely high for gas turbines. The combustor has been designed to cope
>> with a gas pressure of 300 bar, which is more than 10 times the gas
>> pressure utilized in conventional gas turbines.
>>
>>
>> The easiest way to describe the turbine is that we need only a single HP
>> turbine for this cycle. Since the pressure at the exhaust end of the
>> turbine is 30 bar, we don’t need an IP or LP. In a coal-fired plant, the
>> steam turbine consists of HP, IP and LP sections. In a combined cycle
>> plant, there’s a gas turbine and a steam turbine with HP, IP and LP
>> sections.
>>
>>
>> Notare: il comburente e' ossigeno, non aria. Quindi occorre produrre
>> ossigeno in quantita' industriali ...
>>
>> E poi:
>>
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allam_power_cycle
>
> Ecco invece un articolo divulgativo:
>
>
<https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/can-carbon-*****xide-replace-steam-to-generate-power/>

<http://web.archive.org/web/20161221060329/https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/can-carbon-*****xide-replace-steam-to-generate-power/>

> The net result is a simpler turbine that can be 10 times smaller than
> its steam equivalent. A steam turbine usually has between 10 and 15
> rotor stages. A supercritical turbine equivalent would have four.
>
> "We're looking at a turbine rotor shaft with four stages on it that's 4
> inches in diameter, 4 feet long and could power 1,000 homes," said
> Ric***** Dennis, turbine technology manager at the National Energy
> Technology Laboratory.
>
> E 4 stadi sono quelli che vediamo nella foto dell'articolo proposto
> dall'OP.
>
>
> Beneficiari ?
>
> "Such a device would be a boon for nuclear power stations, concentrating
> solar farms, geothermal installations, combined heat and power systems,
> and fossil fuel-fired power plants."
>
>
> E poi:
>
> "In addition, a supercritical turbine could fit into a directly heated
> cycle, where a fuel like natural gas burns in the presence of pure
> oxygen ******* the turbine, creating only water and carbon *****xide as
> waste."

Toshiba ha spedito il prototipo il novembre scorso:

<http://www.utilitydive.com/news/toshiba-ships-turbine-for-net-power-supercritical-co2-carbon-capture-plant/429513/>

<http://web.archive.org/web/20170129231952/http://www.utilitydive.com/news/toshiba-ships-turbine-for-net-power-supercritical-co2-carbon-capture-plant/429513/>

[ove possibile, fornito le copie archiviate per futura referenza]


"The 25 MW demonstration project, being built in La Porte, Texas, by NET
Power LLC, will have the same generating efficiency as a combined-cycle
plant, but with zero emissions."

"And another group, NET Power, has already broken ground on a
demonstration project in Texas that will demonstrate an Allam cycle
plant that operates at high efficiency and collects high-pressure CO2."

"The system burns natural gas with oxygen, as opposed to air, but then
mixes it with high pressure, high temperature (700°C) supercritical CO2,
which is heated to 1,100°C and is the working fluid in the turbine. The
exhaust heat from the turbine is used to heat CO2 going into the
combustor while the spent CO2 is captured at high purity and under high
pressure and ready to be piped."

Ed una cifra:

"The cost of the whole system is about $1,000/kW, about the same as a
state of the art combined-cycle plant, says NET Power spokesperson
Walker Dimmig."

Un altra fonte cita 50 MW:

<https://www.turbomachinerymag.com/net-power-to-build-50mw-demonstration-plant-in-texas/>

<http://web.archive.org/web/20160522221234/https://www.turbomachinerymag.com/net-power-to-build-50mw-demonstration-plant-in-texas/>

"NET Power, LLC, recently announced that it built a power plant that
will validate a new natural gas power system producing low-cost
electricity with zero atmospheric emissions, including carbon *****xide.
The 50MW demonstration plant is being built in La Porte, Texas.

The plant will demonstrate NET Power’s Allam Cycle technology, which
uses carbon *****xide as a working fluid to drive a combustion turbine,
eliminates all atmospheric emissions without requiring expensive,
efficiency-reducing carbon capture equipment, and ultimately produces
pipeline-quality CO2 that can be sequestered or used in various
industrial processes, including enhanced oil recovery."

Links
Giochi online
Dizionario sinonimi
Leggi e codici
Ricette
Testi
Webmatica
Hosting gratis
   
 

Sfruttamento delle energie alternative | Tutti i gruppi | it.discussioni.energie-alternative | Notizie e discussioni energie alternative | Energie alternative Mobile | Servizio di consultazione news.